Our country has been through a great deal over the last few months due to COVID-19. While many things have changed during this time, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the safety of our community. We are happy to announce that normal business hours will resume on Monday, May 18th for consultations, dental treatment, and elective care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBE), American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance.
You may see some changes when you visit our practice. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions prior to your scheduled appointment. Those similar questions will be asked again when you arrive at the office.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the reception area and throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- We are now requiring all patients to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the office. If you do not have a mask available to you, we will provide one. We have also installed “sneeze-guards” at all front desks.
- You may notice that our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, or complimentary coffee, as these items are touched frequently and are difficult to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow greater time between patients and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Due to these standards, we may not have the same availability for appointments as we have in the past, but we will try our best to accommodate you in a timely manner.
- Office entry should be limited to scheduled appointments only. Therefore, we kindly ask that friends, parents/guardians, or family members wait in the car.
- Individuals who wish to go back into the treatment area, we kindly ask adhere to the office protocol which will include temperature check, patient screening, and wearing a mask or face covering.
- Temperatures will be taken during check-in. Readings of 100.4 degrees or more will be rescheduled for elective procedures.
- To limit and reduce close contact, electronic documents can be sent via email prior to coming in. Informed consent and payments can also be collected prior to appointment or at the time of check-in.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at (972) 505-2210.
Thank you for being our patient, and being so understanding during this difficult and uncertain time. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Phil J. Kim, and all your PCOMS staff
Dr. Kim – Exceeding the standard of care !
Dr. Kim is a highly skilled and compassionate surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This process of Board Certification is voluntarily taken on by the surgeon to undergo an intense process of evaluation and testing in order to ensure that they meet and exceed the standards of judgement, intelligence and surgical skills. This brings confidence to all his patients knowing that they will be given the best care in the safest manner possible. Rest assured that you are in great hands by a Dr. who truly cares for your best interest and will always go the extra-mile for you!! Come see us in our new state-of-the art facility and meet our wonderful, highly trained staff.
Dr. Kim has been practicing for over 13 years and is a proud graduate of Baylor College of Dentistry. He did his surgical training in the Washington D.C. area and is thrilled to be back home practicing what he loves and giving back to his local community after serving a distinguished 11 year career as an officer and a surgeon in the U.S. Army.
(See “Meet the Doctor” to find out more about Dr. Kim… )
What is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires 4-6 additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. During their intense surgical residency, they receive training in General surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facial Trauma and reconstructive surgery, Pathology and Reconstruction, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, ICU/MCU training, and extensive General Anesthesia training. Dr. Kim practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery and specializes in:
– Jaw surgery to correct underbites/overbites/asymmetry
– Placement of Dental implants ranging from straight forward cases to the more advanced cases requiring bone harvesting and grafting procedures or Sinus lift procedures.
– Extraction of impacted wisdom teeth
– Facial Trauma Surgery
– Facial cosmetic surgery
– Botox and Dermal fillers
– IV Sedation and General Anesthesia to ensure optimal comfort and safety.
Our Commitment to you:
Our commitment to all our patients is to provide world-class care in the safest and most comfortable environment. Our motto is to treat all our patients as if they were our own family and loved-ones. That’s the only way we would want to be treated ! We pride ourselves in “going the extra mile” to ensure your comfort and care in a new state-of-the-art office. We use the highest quality equipment and materials to ensure the most predictable, successful results. We also have the industry-leader in Cone Beam CT technology, the ICAT scanner, which allows for the most accurate diagnosis and safest treatment with the lowest radiation compared to all other CBCT scanners on the market today. With this scanner we can see important structures such as nerves and sinuses in 3-Dimensions which allows us safety in planning far greater than what we’ve ever had before. We strive to be on the leading edge of technology to provide the best care for all our patients.